Sunday, December 27, 2015

My US Tourist Visa Interview

Unfortunately, for the second time, I was denied with my US Tourist Visa. :(

The first one was way back 2009, my brother and I were denied with a US Visa because of the conflict of School schedule and Travel plans.

And now, Here I am again.


I don't want to talk about the application process because everything can be read at their website.

let me go straight to the interview.

as my number was flashed on the screen, I immediately stood up and went to the window I was assigned to. before my turn, an old lady was being interviewed and congratulated for she's granted a US Visa to visit her US Citizen son.

When she left I walked in front of the window:

Me: Hi. Good Morning!
Officer: Good Morning! So what's the purpose of your trip?
Me: For leisure.
Officer: So where would you be going?
Me: to visit my cousin in California
Officer: What places in the US do you intend to visit?
Me: Disneyland, Universal Studios, Hollywood, The Golden gate bridge and other tourist destinations.
Officer: hmmm. Disneyland, How old are you?
Me: 27.
Officer: Why would you like to go to Disneyland?
Me: It is my childhood dream
Officer: What would you like to see in Disneyland?
Me; the place. the rides.
Officer: What rides?
Me: Rollercoasters, I like extreme rides.
Officer: What's the name of the Rollercoaster?
Me: That is what im not sure of.
Officer: I thought it was your childhood dream? Anyway, Who would pay for your trip?
Me: I'll be the one to pay for the ticket then my cousin will shoulder all the expenses there.
Officer: What do you do?
Me: I'm a teacher and a Student.
Officer: How is that so?
Me: I work as a teacher during weekdays. then go to school during weekends.
Officer: what are you taking up?
Me: Master of Arts in Education, Specializing in Educational Management.

At that moment, I can already see that he is getting the blue paper. Bad sign.

Officer: I'm sorry but I wont be able to give you a Visa due to article...... (I wasn't able to hear already, maybe because of disappointment)

My mind went blank and my heart crushed as I get my passport and that blue paper.

Me: Okay, thanks! Merry Christmas!

Oh Well... :(


Thanks! God Bless!
-Sir Benz

2 comments:

  1. Bean... maybe it's not yet the best time to go.... God has better plans for you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm everything has its purpose. I know you will make it there, maybe not now but soon.. love you.. God bless.. xoxo

    ReplyDelete