Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Where to Eat in Cavite: Island Cove's Fishing Village

I recently went to Cavite to receive a new blessing, Thank You, Lord! (and Thanks Mom!)

So, after our "Appointment", my Dad brought us to Island Cove for lunch since it is on our way home. It is me and my brother's first time to go to Island Cove. There are (I think) two places where you can eat in Island Cove, one is Sangley Point (I should try this next time) and the other one, which our dad chose, FISHING VILLAGE. Actually, the Lechon sa Buho picture in front of Island Cove is very inviting. hahahahaha.

Isn't it?


so we parked near the gazebo-like covered area, and walked to Fishing Village. we even passed by the big chess board, and the waterpark. until we reached the restaurant

Fishing Village Entrance

As we enter, we are welcomed by the staff and were seated in one of the tables near the entrance. 

Tables for small groups

Floating (?!) huts (or, huts above the lake) are also available but you have to pay a certain amount, which is consumable, for you to use one of the floating huts. each hut use is for three hours, if you exceed, you have to pay P300.00 for each hour. If i'm not mistaken, a small hut costs P2,500.00 consumable and good for three hours. Since we are only three, we opted to use the table near the entrance.

Floating huts

As we sit, we are handed by the menu. They serve meat and seafood whether Sinigang (Tamarind Stew), fried, or grilled; as well as different Filipino dishes. They also have alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. If your are big groups, you can also consider their set meals. For our reference, I took a picture of their Menu:




Dad lets us choose the menu, since he can eat anything. hahahaha (we're not choosy, too) For our appetizer, we ordered Ensaladang Mangga. My brother ordered, his now favorite, grilled Hito (catfish). while I ordered Lechon sa Buho. We also ordered Calamares and for the soup, we ordered Suam na Mais. and then we had a Large serving of Rice. The order will take some time, maybe because of the cooking process. Our dad was still able to transfer the car parking while waiting for our order to arrive. Anyway, let me describe each dish we ordered.

Ensaladang Mangga
I'm kinda choosy when it comes to the Bagoong (Shrimp Paste). For this one, it is the right flavor for me! I really liked this. The mango is sour but it really compliments the taste of the Bagoong and the tomato and onion. Rating: 8.5/10

Calamares
The Calamares comes with a sweet and sour and spicy dip. As for the coating of the calamares, it is quite hard to chew. Maybe, it is because of the batter used. but the taste is good. But i think, this could still be improved. Rating: 6/10

Grilled Hito
Uhmmmm.. My brother ordered this, so he is the one who ate this. hahahaha. I had a taste, but not my thing. Rating: Who am I to judge? HAHAHAHAHA


Suam na Mais
If you are wondering where the corn is, it's all under the soup. hehehehe :p I do not have much experience in eating Suam na Mais, but this one is delicious. just a little salty (just a little) but it's fine. Rating: 9/10

Lechon sa Buho
I don't even know what Buho is. Well, this is their version of Lechon Kawali, of course, served with Lechon Sauce. Actually, nothing spectacular. tastes like the normal Lechon Kawali. hihii still, i love it. Natural Carnivore. Rating: 8.5/10

Our total Bill was P1,600.00 inclusive of the 10% Service charge. The meal was actually good for 4 - 5 persons, but it can also satisfy us three. HAHAHAHA.
Receipt! Thanks for the Meal, Pa.

Overall, we had a nice lunch. just right for our low standard. the place is nice and has a fresh and cool wind even though it was lunch time. I think it would be nice if we were able to go around or even check-in to their hotel or swim in their water park.



Thanks! God Bless!
-Sir Benz

3 comments:

  1. Based on the pictures I saw, the food was really tempting to eat. I hope i can try those someday hehehe.. Thanks for sharing your food trip adventure.. looking forward for more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice place and food... The place seems relaxing... I want to try the floating kubo ... It looks very nice... Its a place where I think you can forget the stressful things here in manila.... Can you go fishing in the pond? Cause there is a place in Dagupan, as I remember its a resort that you can ride a boat and fish, of course they will charge you with the boat rental and kilo of fish that you'll catch... hahahah bata pa kA nun so di ko masyado maalala exact name ng resort... Nice blog... Hoping to see your future blog about your adventures and foodie trip...

    ReplyDelete
  3. pwede ba credit card for payment?

    ReplyDelete